As we age, the face begins to lose collagen and elastin which contribute to sagging facial features. The loss of facial volume and elasticity also lead to the formation of wrinkles, lines and folds. During the past few years, a specialized group of physicians began treating wrinkles with newly FDA-approved dermal fillers (Injectables) and BOTOX®. During this time, the physicians began to notice an accompanying benefit. As these procedures were performed with particular products and with certain injection techniques, facial features exhibited a gentle lift, as well.
Some of the physicians refined techniques to focus on lifting and contouring, with an relatively benefit of wrinkle reduction. This has become a revolutionary new approach in treating sagging facial features, which is called a non-invasive Facial Rejuvenation or Liquid Face Lift.
A non-surgical Liquid Face Lift can be undertaken to accomplish any of the following:
- Gentle lift of individual (or overall) facial features
- Reduced wrinkles, creases, line or folds
- Restoration of natural, curved facial contours
- A more rested, energetic look
- A friendlier smile
- In some patients the goal of a non surgical Liquid Face Lift procedure is to lift the entire face. In others, the goal is to lift or contour specific facial features. Liquid Face Lift products and procedures may be used to accomplish a number of objectives when it comes to facial contouring and lifting.
- For example, under eye bags and dark circles can be masked by using Liquid Facelift techniques; eyes can be opened up and lids lifted; jowls can be lifted and diminished; natural shape can be restored to flattened cheeks or temple areas; corners of the mouth can be lifted; bumps on the nose can be hidden; as well as several other facial feature benefits. Many of these conditions and contouring procedures will be discussed on this web site, as well as treatment procedures for a variety of wrinkles, folds and lines.
- A Liquid Face Lift involves the use of advanced dermal fillers, usually in combination with BOTOX or Dysport. The dermal fillers used are among a group of 2nd generation injectables that provide more enduring results than earlier products. The new group of 2nd generation, advanced dermal fillers includes JUVEDERM Ultra, JUVEDERM Ultra Plus, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane and Sculptra Aesthetic.
- Each of these dermal fillers has unique attributes that work in their own special way to rejuvenate specific areas of the face. In general, dermal fillers replace lost volume in the face or help the body regenerate its own collagen. Precisely placed, the dermal fillers can be used to lift or contour any number of facial features. For more information about the various advanced dermal filler products used by doctors in various Liquid Face Lift procedures.
- It is common knowledge that BOTOX and Dysport procedures act to temporarily paralyze the muscles, thus minimizing or eliminating unwanted lines and However, BOTOX is also used in conjunction with the dermal fillers to provide added lift and to help the endurance of the dermal fillers. In the face, there is a constant tug of war among muscles that pull up (levators) and muscles that pull down (depressors). BOTOX is placed in the depressor muscles to relax the downward pull and to let the upward-pulling muscles win, providing a lift to various facial features. It is now believed that muscles may lose some of their memory for frowning with repeated treatments, and less frequent visits may be required.
All of the products discussed on this site are FDA-approved for treatment of at least one area of the face. The manufacturers rarely seek FDA approval for multiple cosmetic uses. However, once approved, physicians may use any of these products for other cosmetic uses, known as off label usage. Most plastic surgeons, dermatologists and other physicians who regularly use dermal fillers and BOTOX® in cosmetic medical procedures perform both on-label and off-label procedures for non-surgical treatments for facial rejuvenation.
Not only is product choice important, but it is fundamental that the physician take into account a patient's unique facial characteristics and goals when performing a Liquid Face Lift procedure. Each person has unique facial features and individual skin types, as well as varying degrees of skin damage, collagen depletion and skin laxity. Goals and desires also vary from patient to patient. Experienced physicians should take into account all of these variables when utilizing Liquid Face Lift products and procedures in order to help optimize patient outcomes.
Liquid Face Lift techniques are experiencing continual refinement among a few leading dermatologists, plastic surgeons and other physicians in the U.S. Results from Liquid Face Lift procedures are usually gradual and can range from subtle to astonishing. It is common for patients who have had Liquid Face Lift procedures to say that they receive compliments about their skin without others knowing that they have done anything. In some of the cases, the results can be so uplifting that they change an individual's life. However this results can vary from patient to patient.
Please contact Atlanta Medical Institute today! We make every effort to accommodate same day appointments and strive to make our office your neighborhood clinic.